The Model 5437 StormLink® Mobile Processing Unit (MPU) provides a gateway for location based, real-time mobile road weather data. The StormLink MPU collects data from the Mobile IceSight™ or Mobile Surface Sentinel™ road weather sensors providing location-based data to Contrail® for Road Weather environmental monitoring software via integrated cellular modem and GPS. Event-based vehicle information such as plow up/down and spreader on/off can also be collected.
Smart data push rules are used to send data to Contrail software for processing, when you need it, limiting cellular data usage. Store and forward technology is used when the vehicle is not in cellular communication range ensuring data are not lost.
When coupled with Contrail, real-time data is displayed on an intuitive maps interface ideal for fleet management. Each vehicle is displayed on the map with color coded trails based on the sensor data.
- Return On Investment. Reduce winter maintenance labor and material by knowing when and where road treatment is needed
- Road weather and vehicle data. The StormLink MPU is compatible with HSE’s line of mobile road weather sensors. Digital inputs can be used to get information about plow up or down or spreader status
- Expand Road Weather System. Economically fill in the gaps between existing Road Weather Information Systems (RWIS)
- Route Optimization. Know the weather where your assets are in real-time to deploy resources as needed or route fleet around inclement weather
- Easily maintained. The StormLink MPU checks for updates automatically, ensuring that your device is always up to date
StormLink and Contrail are registered trademarks of OneRain Incorporated and used with permission.