The Model 5436-10 Mobile Surface Sentinel is a precision instrument that provides accurate real-time surface temperature and air temperature from a moving vehicle to an in-cab color LCD display. The dynamic flashing colored display alarm alerts vehicle operators of freezing conditions. Premium materials are used to ensure rapid temperature response rates that meet the demands of road weather management professionals.
The Mobile Surface Sentinel sensor connects to the Mobile Display Unit (MDU) via wireless Bluetooth for simple installation without the need to route wires from outside to inside the vehicle. Simply connect each unit to a vehicle power source. The sensor mounts outside the vehicle, pointed at the road surface. The MDU mounts inside the vehicle to display the road surface and air temperature as a number and a graph. The display uses a high resolution color LCD that is configured with an easy to navigate menu. A menu-selectable RS-232 or RS-485 serial output is made available via a connector with screw terminals on the back of the MDU for easy integration into new or existing Automated Vehicle Location (AVL) units.
- Road weather management. Actionable measurements save on material by adjusting application rates in real-time
- Fleet management. Track your assets in real time when combined with the Model 5437 MPU and Contrail® for Road Weather software. Or, integrate into existing AVL systems with the sensors open-architecture data output
- Thermal mapping tool. Know where trouble spots are on the roadway by mapping out the thermal characteristics
- Road Weather Information System (RWIS). Fill in gaps of an existing RWIS network to better understand the current state of the road system
- Summer road maintenance. Alert paint striping crews that the road is ready to start work