The Antenna SWR Analyzer – Model 5515-00 is an easy to operate, versatile test instrument for analyzing nearly any 50 ohm radio frequency (RF) system on frequencies between 1.8 and 170 MHz and 415 to 470 MHz. In addition, the Antenna SWR Analyzer can be used as signal source and as an accurate frequency counter. The Antenna SWR Analyzer gives you a complete picture of your antenna’s performance.
The Antenna SWR Analyzer – Model 5515-00 combines four basic circuits; a wide range oscillator, a frequency counter, a 50 ohm RF bridge, and a calibrated bridge unbalance indicator. The Antenna SWR Analyzer – Model 5515-01 is a compact battery powered RF impedance analyzer. The Antenna SWR Analyzer – Model 5515-01 combines five basic circuits; a variable oscillator, frequency counter, frequency multiplier, 50 ohm RF bridge, a twelve-bit A-D converter, and microcontroller.
This combination of circuits allows both models to measurement of the SWR (referenced to 50 ohms) of any load connected to the Antenna SWR Analyzer’s ANTENNA connector. The Antenna SWR Analyzer’s FREQUENCY switch selects frequency range. The Antenna SWR Analyzer performs a wide variety of useful antenna and RF impedance measurements, including antenna SWR, impedance, reactance, resistance, resonant frequency, bandwidth, coaxial cable length, velocity factor, approximate loss, and electrical distance to an open or short. The Antenna SWR Analyzers are portable and can be used with either an external low voltage supply, such an AC adapter or with internal AA battery packs.
The Antenna SWR Analyzers can also be used as a non-precision signal source. The Antenna SWR Analyzers provide a relatively pure (harmonics better than -25 dBf) signal of approximately 3 Vpp (approximately 20 milliwatts) into 50 ohm loads. The Antenna SWR Analyzer internal source impedance is 50 ohms. The Antenna SWR Analyzers are not a stable generator, but have adequate stability for non-critical applications such as alignment of broad bandwidth filters and circuits.
Primarily designed for analyzing 50 ohm antenna and transmission line systems, the Antenna SWR Analyzers also measure RF impedances between a few ohms and several hundred ohms. An easily accessed user controlled Zo setting in the Antenna SWR Analyzer’s ADVANCED function menus allows changing SWR and other SWR functions (i.e. return loss, reflection coefficient, match efficiency, etc) to any normalized impedance value between 5 and 600 ohms.
- Use the Antenna SWR Analyzer to find your antenna’s true resonant frequency. Trim dipoles and verticals.
- The Antenna SWR Analyzer allows you to measure the distance in feet to a short or open in faulty coax. Measure the length of a roll of coax, coax loss, velocity factor, or impedance.
- Measure your antenna’s 2:1 SWR bandwidth on one band, or analyze multiband performance from 1.8 to 170 Mhz with the Antenna SWR Analyzer.
- Measure inductance and capacitance. The Antenna SWR Analyzer measures resonant frequency and approximate Q of traps, stubs, transmission lines, RF chokes, tuned circuits and Baluns.
- The Antenna SWR Analyzer is a complete radio test station including – frequency counter, RF signal generator, SWR analyzer, RF resistance and reactance analyzer, coax analyzer, capacitance and inductance meter and more.